Skip to main content
In 1957, the school was officially established with its original name, Kuala Nerang English Primary School. This school is a full-fledged school of government assistance. At that time, it was at Sekolah Kebangsaan Kuala Nerang and only had 36 students. The school name was later changed to Sekolah Kebangsaan Kuala Nerang.
In 1958, the school moved to its own building. Now the building is used as the Padang Terap / Pendang Education Office. The building has four classrooms, one teacher room, one master's office and one store room. At that time, there were seven classes in the classroom of the morning session and three afternoon session classes. It also has nine School Board members comprising three State Government Officers, three from the Local Education Authority and four from the beneficiaries.
In May 1982, the school once again moved to the current building. In 1982, the school name changed its name to Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra. In 1988, the school once again changed its name to Sekolah Kebangsaan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra until now.