CONSTITUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS (PTAs)
CONSTITUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PARENTS AND TEACHERS (PTAs)
SEKOLAH KEBANGSAAN TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN PUTRA
1. This association is known by the name: The Teacher's Parent Association - Sekolah Kebangsaan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra
2. The address registered for this Association is:
Persatuan Ibu Bapa dan Guru
Sekolah Kebangsaan Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra,
06300 Kuala Nerang,
Kedah Darul Aman.
The goals of the Association
3. The objectives of the Association are:
- to organize forums and services for the welfare and progress of pupils in Schools in improving the image of the School;
- to assist and increase the School's efforts in meeting the needs and needs of the students in their activities;
- to enable parents and teachers in the School to exchange ideas and information about education;
- to provide opportunities for parents and teachers in schools to consult each other by improving the standard of their children's education; and
- to enable parents and teachers in the School to work towards improving School funding and improving physical facilities for the purpose of improving
- teaching and learning facilities.
Function of the Association
4. The Function of the Association is to carry out activities or programs to achieve the purposes of the association as set out in paragraph 3, such as:
- assist in promoting student development and safeguarding the welfare of students;
- adding School's financial resources to increase and improve school facilities;
- enhancing intimacy and providing communication channels and relationships between Schools and local communities;
- Increasing school premise The school can create a conducive environment for the success of Education activities and programs.
Membership of Association
5. Members of the Association consist of:
- all teachers in Schools;
- parents of students studying in schools; and
- a Malaysian citizen who is approved of an application to be a member of the Association by a District Education Officer or Part Education Officer or Registrar, as the case may be (as in Annex A); and
6. The Headmaster or Principal of the School shall be ex-officio and Adviser of the Association.
7. The Association shall be managed by a committee known as "The Committee of PTAs". The PTA Committee shall be appointed by the members of the Association at each Annual General Meeting.
8. Members of the PTA Committee shall be Malaysian citizens only.
9. Membership of the PTA Committee is as follows:
- a Speaker;
- a Vice-President;
- a Secretary;
- a Treasurer; and
- 8 members of the Committee.
10. The number of parents and teachers in the PTA Committee shall, as far as possible, be balanced.
11. The Headmaster or Principal shall not be a member of the PIBG Committee and only act as the Adviser of the Association.
12. The number of Committee Members of the PTAs in paragraph 9 (e) shall be between 1 to 11 persons.
13. The number of members of the PIBG Committee among members of the Association (non-members of the school) who do not have a child in the school shall not exceed 1/5 of the total number of members of the PIBG Committee.
14. Subject to paragraph 13 of this Constitution and subregulations 6 (4) to (6) Education Regulations (Parents-Teachers Association) 1998, District Education Officers or Divisional Education Officers (as the case may be) may appoint not more than 2 persons not a member of the Association to become a member of the PTA Committee after obtaining written approval of the Registrar.
15. The duration of office in the PTA Committee shall commence from the date of appointment until the date of the AGM of the next year or up to a period approved by the Registrar.
16. In the event of a vacancy in the PIBG Committee, the President shall appoint any ordinary member of the Association, on the basis of the most votes among the members of the PIBG Committee, to fill the vacancy.
17. The PTA Committee shall distribute to the members of the Association the list of names and addresses of office-bearers in the PTA Committee annually not later than 14 days after the date of the Annual General Meeting.
Functions of PTAs
18. The function of the PTAs Committee is to manage and regulate the activities of the Association and to decide on matters affecting the travel of the Association, without conflicting with the general policy set by the AGM, the Constitution and the Education Act 1996 and the regulations made thereunder.
a) The President
- Be the Chairman in all meetings of the PTAs Committee and the Annual General Meeting and be responsible for the completion of the meeting.
- Have a casting vote and shall sign the minutes of the meeting upon approval.
- Responsible for overseeing the administration of the Association and ensuring that the provisions of the Constitution are complied with by all members of the Society.
- Always comply with all provisions of the Constitution in discharging its duties as President.
- Can call a meeting of the PTAs Committee at any time it considers necessary with the consent of the Headmaster or Principal.
- Sign the check or statement of withdrawal of the Association.
- Ensure that all activities and programs of the Association are carried out properly and properly.
- Obtain advice on the management of the Society from time to time by the Headmaster or Principal as the Adviser of the Association.
b) Vice President
- Responsible for assisting the Speaker in carrying out the functions of the Speaker.
- Carry out the responsibilities and functions of the President in the absence of the President.
- Carry out the affairs of the Association in accordance with the Constitution of the Association.
- Implement the decisions of the Annual General Meeting and the meetings of the PTA Committee.
- To record, prepare and save minutes of meetings of the AGM Committee and the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare reports to be tabled to the Annual General Meeting and minutes thereof.
- Submit all reports and activities of the Association and the minutes of the Annual General Meeting to the Registrar or District Education Officer or
- Division Education Officer, as the case may be, after the Annual General Meeting.
- Sign the check or statement of withdrawal of the Association, if necessary.
- Responsible for managing and controlling the financial affairs of the Association by providing and storing updated financial balance. Statement of financial balance (January 1 to December 31) shall be prepared before February 1 of the following year to be audited. The audited balance sheet must be submitted for the approval of the Annual General Meeting. A copy of the audited statement and approved by the Annual General Meeting shall be sent to the Registrar after the relevant Meeting.
- Manage the expenses of the Association's monies as decided by the AGM or AGM Committee meetings.
- Keeping cash does not exceed any amount set out in the Constitution at any one time.
- Accept on behalf of the Association all donations or contributions from any member or other sources and issue receipts and credits receipts into the
- Association's account on the same day.
- Sign a check or statement of withdrawal of the Association.
- Ensure there is no overdrawing from the Association's accounts and the accounts are always creditable.
19. Association Advisers
a) Headmaster or School Principal
- It is an ex-officio member of the Association and acts as an advisor to the PTA Committee and the Association. The responsibilities and functions of the Headmaster or Principal are as follows;
- attend meetings of the PTA Committee, the Annual General Meeting and the Thumping General Meeting, but shall not vote;
- representing the State Education Department and the Ministry of Education to monitor and advise the Society so that all activities, activities and decisions made in the meetings of the Association do not conflict with the interests of the services, national policies and policies on education and education as well as matters relating to school administration;
- reserves the right to stop and postpone the meeting of the Association if it deems fit for the benefit of the members of the Association;
- approve all the agenda of the meeting and the matters to be discussed at the meetings of the PTA Committee and the Association;
- clarifying an issue on School and academic management and travel and issues related to it in an association meeting;
- ensuring unity activities in line with the objectives and functions of the Society;
- Ensuring the contribution of the Association decided at the Annual General Meeting is not burdensome and does not contain any element of coercion; and
- determining the honorable guests and invitations attending the Association organized by the Association are in accordance with the rules and protocols set by the Ministry.
b) Internal Auditor
- The Association shall appoint 2 internal auditors from among the members of the Association who are not members of the PTA Committee at the Annual General Meeting.
- The responsibilities of the internal auditors are as follows:
- auditing the accounts of the Association at each financial year end; and
- conduct audits periodically as decided at the Annual General Meeting.